I’m collecting ideas and suggestions for a 1 month professional development course I’m designing that will cover social networking strategies for distance learning.
Here are a few details about the course…
- 4 week course taught as an advanced online seminar offered by Illinois Online Network as part of the Making the Virtual Classroom a Reality course series
- 4 modules, 1 week per module
- 5 to 10 hours per week of engagement and interaction time to justify 4 continuing education units that would be granted for it
- all required “textbook” readings should be freely available online
- Moodle will serve as the learning management system for the course, but other free social networking technologies can be incorporated where they add value to the course
- target date for course to launch: March 2010
What would the ideal online social networking course consist of? What texts/readings should be included? What technologies should be discussed? What activities should students engage in?
Leave a comment here with your ideas, suggestions, and resources! I’m also collecting suggestions on Google Wave at the wave titled, “Ideal online social networking course?” that is available by searching with:public tag:ion